Σάββατο 28 Αυγούστου 2010

Color coding: Share point server

I am working on a new formula generator for color coding calendars and lists, to replace the current one. If you are already using the HTML Calculated Column, I’d appreciate if you could give it a try and tell me how it goes.
You’ll find the new formula generator here:
http://www.pathtosharepoint.com/sharepoint-user-toolkit/Pages/Color-Coding-Calendar-List.aspx
The new form includes a color picker, which will allow you to choose among more than a hundred different color names supported by all major browsers.
I have updated the formula, and the rendering should be improved in calendar views. I am also including a fancy semi-transparent background. This is a risky exercise because of browser compatibility issues, so let me know if it doesn’t render as expected.
Known issue: if you choose to color the text, border and background, you’ll notice that the formula becomes quite heavy because the color calculation is repeated three times. The formula may even become too long for SharePoint, and you’ll get the following message:
The formula contains a syntax error or is not supported.
To address this issue, I am working on an option to store the color calculation in a separate field.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: